3/17/10

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Three years ago today, my husband and I went on our first date. Although he'd taken me to coffee many times before, I don't think either of us knew it was a date until we held hands crossing the street to a South Tulsa Irish bar. We sat at a table with a middle aged man who kept wanting to know if I knew any career women. He just couldn't seem to find one to marry. We talked with him for upwards of an hour.

Anyway, I thought I'd post links to some information on Saint Patrick:
  • American Catholic Saint of the Day- “Christ shield me this day: Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every person who thinks of me, Christ in the eye that sees me, Christ in the ear that hears me” (from “The Breastplate of St. Patrick”).
  • Video of Chicago Dying its river shamrock green for the day- Pretty cool to watch!
  • Why a shamrock?
    Patrick used the shamrock to explain the Trinity, and has been associated with him and the Irish since that time.
  • St. Patrick's Day 2010: It was about church, not Guinness
    Guinness sells 10 million glasses of beer daily (but no green beer) and far more on St. Patrick's Day. That's a new phenomenon. Not long ago, all pubs in Ireland closed on St Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

Please include your name when you comment! We like to know who you are!