As of this week, Saint Mary’s school will be the first Catholic school to undergo the reaccreditation process by the Oklahoma Conference of Catholic Schools Accrediting Association (OCSAA). We are extremely proud of our school and its staff. What amazing work they have done to be prepared for this visit.
Our school is at the heart of our parish's mission. The School of Saint Mary is our part in providing quality Catholic Education for the Tulsa Diocese. Many studies reveal that Catholic schools produce high-achieving students who become philanthropic and faith filled adults committed to the community around them. Thank you to all who contribute to the operation of our school.
A little more about the process:
- The evaluation is the culmination of a 7 year self-study evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of 6 key areas.
- Those areas include: 1. School and Community, 2. Mission, Philosophy, and Objectives, 3. Teaching and Learning Environment, 4. School Staff and Administration, 5. Student Services, and 6. Plant and Facilities.
- This week an evaluation team from the OCSAA is visiting. During their stay, the will conduct interviews with the principal, teachers, pastor, students, School Board and Home and School Association.
- This team is made up of representatives of both Oklahoma (Arch)dioceses, a representative from the Oklahoma Private School Accreditation Commission and from Newman University. *
- The committee periodically examines the principles and standards used as criteria for accreditation to be certain that they are based on desirable and current educational practices.*
- The Oklahoma Private School Accreditation Commission, OPSAC, assists the Oklahoma State Board of Education by monitoring and approving organizations that accredit nonpublic (private) elementary and secondary schools in Oklahoma, such as the Oklahoma Conference of Catholic Schools Accrediting Association.*
*From the Oklahoma Archdiocese website: http://www.catharchdioceseokc.org/Education/schools/accreditation.htm